There’s so much choice when it comes to buying a treadmill that sometimes it’s hard to know where to begin. Proform Smart Pro 2000 is the 2020 model of Pro 2000 which is an awesome treadmill. It’s regularly rated as one of the best treadmills on the market by customer reviews as well as fitness trainers and other industry experts.
In this article, we have gathered some of the most useful info about the Pro 2000, as well as some pros and cons to help you decide whether the ProForm smart Pro 2000 is the right treadmill for you.
Unique Features of Pro 2000
The ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill has a bunch of great features that make it one of the best treadmills out there.
The Pro 2000 comes with ProShox Cushioning, which makes the run more comfortable as well as protecting your joints from the hard impact that comes from running on concrete or some other treadmills that don’t have the ProShox Cushioning. Plus, the Pro 2000 treadmill has a 350lb capacity, so it can comfortably support almost any runner.
The Pro 2000 also has an integrated fan with two settings, which helps keep you cool and comfortable no matter how hard you run.
High Power Motor
The ProForm Smart Pro 2000 has a beast of a motor. It has a 3.5 continuous horsepower (CHP) drive system that self-cools and is remarkably quiet. The high power motor helps the ProForm Pro 2000 deal efficiently with a 0.5 to 12mph speed and a -3% decline to +15% incline, which is one of our favorite features. By being able to adjust the incline, runners can maximize their workouts as well as target different muscle groups.
7” Smart HD Touchscreen
The 7” smart touchscreen is a really nice addition. You can watch trainer videos as well as scenery videos which use Google Maps so that you can run through some of the most beautiful places in the world. The ProForm 2000 comes with ProForm’s iFit Coach enabled as well as a complimentary 3-year subscription to the service. Through the 7” touchscreen, the iFit Coach gives you access to 50 onboard workout programs, trainers, and scenery videos.
The ProForm Pro 2000 has a foldable deck, which means it’s great for storage. The SpaceSaver design and EasyLift Assist make it super straightforward to fold into a vertical position for storage when you’re not using it, meaning it doesn’t take up a lot of space.
Heart Rate Monitor
The ProForm Pro 2000 treadmill comes with an EKG Grip Pulse Heart Rate Sensor that allows you to measure and monitor your heart rate while you run. Monitoring your runs can help you design custom workouts and runs specifically to your body, schedule, and goals. Combining the heart rate monitor with the iFit training videos is a great way to maximize your workouts.
Apart from this, you also get Tablet Holder to maximize your entertainment.
The ProForm 2000 treadmill comes with a safety key that plugs into the treadmill and is attached via a cord to your clothing or waistband. This is a great safety measure that means that if you lose balance or fall when you’re running, the key gets pulled out of the treadmill, and the motor stops driving the belt to prevent any serious injury. We would suggest always using this safety feature.
One of the best features of the Pro 2000 is its sizeable running deck. Despite the spacious running surface, the treadmill as a whole unit is still remarkably compact because you can fold it up when you’re not using it. It has s SpaceSaver design and an EasyLift Assist, which makes folding it up and storing it a breeze.
The dimensions of the ProForm Pro 2000 treadmill are:
- Height: 71.4”
- Length: 79”
- Width: 39.15”
- Tread belt: 22” x 60”
- Weight: 230lbs
The ProForm Pro 2000 treadmill comes with three different warranties to ensure any problems get fixed so you can get the most out of your treadmill:
- 10-year frame warranty
- 2-year parts warranty
- 1-year labor warranty
Here is a list of some potential questions you might have about the ProForm Pro 2000. When buying a treadmill, it’s essential to get the one best suited to you. Check out these questions, and hopefully, they’ll help you make the right decision.
- Where can I buy a ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill?
You can buy this Treadmill online from a lot of different websites, including the ProForm website and Amazon(Our Recommendation).
- How do I connect my device to the Pro 2000 Treadmill?
First, you need a Bluetooth compatible device. Install the iFit Bluetooth app then pair your device with the ProForm 2000 Treadmill. A pop-up will appear, saying connected. Now you should be ready to go!
- How much does the ProForm 2000 Treadmill weigh?
Fully assembled, the ProForm Pro 2000 weighs 230lbs.
- How much floor space does the ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill take up?
Fully assembled, the ProForm Pro 2000 is 71.4” H x 79” L x 39.5” W.
- Does the ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill fold?
Yes. With SpaceSaver Design and EasyLift Assist, folding and storing your treadmill is super straightforward and makes it very easy to store.
- How to assemble the ProForm 2000 Treadmill?
There are 20 simple steps to set up the Pro 2000. Check out assembly videos online for step-by-step guidance.
- How to start the ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill?
Plug the treadmill into an electrical outlet and press the On/Off switch (near the power cord).
- How to move the Proform Pro 2000 Treadmill?
Because it’s pretty heavy when fully assembled, always take care when moving your treadmill. It’s advised that two or more people move the treadmill.
- What is iFit?
iFit is the integrated technology that comes with the ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill. Included on the 7” screen is access to personal trainer-led fitness classes, Google Maps street view for scenic runs, a workout library, as well as personalized nutrition and sleep analysis to maximize your workouts.
- How to use the Proform Pro 2000 Treadmill?
Turn the treadmill on. When you step onto the treadmill, hold onto the handles, and stand on the rails instead of the belt. This will help you keep your balance when the belt starts moving. Before pressing the Speed button, insert your safety key. You can attach the key via a cord to your clothing or waistband. Then, if you happen to fall or lose your balance, you will pull the key out, and the belt will stop moving. You are now ready to adjust the speed of the belt to suit your workout style. Happy running!
Check Comparison of Proform Pro 2000 Vs Pro 5000 Vs Pro 9000
Proform Pro 2000 Review
So there we go. That pretty much sums up the features of the ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill as well as many of the reasons it's one of the best treadmills out there on the market today. And you don't have to trust us, check out some of the customer reviews. The ProForm Pro 2000 has helped thousands of people get healthy and stay in shape. Are you convinced it's the right treadmill for you? With such great customer reviews, the ProForm Pro 2000 is obviously a great treadmill. It's perfect for anyone looking to get in shape and maintain their physical health from the comfort of their own home, listening to their own music, watching what they want to watch. It's affordable, too. Overall, the ProForm Pro 2000 is a premium product and definitely gets our recommendation.
- Extra capacity – the ProForm Pro 2000 can support runners weighing up to 350lbs
- Comes with a 3-year iFit membership
- Heart rate chest strap included, which helps personalize workouts and get the most out of your treadmill
- Foldable deck – the SpaceSaver Design and EasyLift Assist make it super easy to fold up into a vertical position and store when you're not using it, meaning it doesn't take up a lot of space
- CoolAir fan – helps keep you fresh and comfortable no matter how hard you're working out
- Quiet fan – doesn't break concentration or interfere with music or TV while you're running
- The wide and long belt gives an excellent running surface with plenty of space to run
- ProShox Cushioning makes running comfortable and prevents any damage happening to your joints
- Well built – feels extra robust, stable and durable
- Mp3 compatible – the Bluetooth speakers allow you to listen to your favorite tunes to get you pumped up while you run
- 7'' smart screen featuring pre-programmed workouts, trainer videos, and scenic videos make running fun and exciting
- Like most treadmills, because of their size and weight, it's relatively challenging to set up, and it will probably require two people to set it up
- iFit subscription needs fully paid renewal after three years
- The 7'' screen is smaller than screens featured on some other models of treadmill
- The customer service of ProForm has left some customers pretty dissatisfied.
- Score 0