There are a lot of things to admire about the Sole F85. The Sole F85 has an enormous deck of all Sole Fitness treadmills. Also, it has the highest weight allowance of any personal treadmill in the industry. Lastly, its heart rate monitor is one of the most accurate in the market.
The Sole F85 treadmill has a powerful 4.0 Continuous Horse Power (CHP) DC type motor. This motor is one of the strongest and functional types in the market. Also, it can withstand the pounding of runners with a weight of 400lbs. Thus, it is adequate for heavy persons and hardcore runners. Even broader runners will be convenient in its large 22 x 60-inch deck. It has a charging port, user-friendly 10.1-inch console, and Bluetooth audio speakers. But then, with all these features, is the Sole F85 an ideal treadmill? Is it an excellent buy for you? Let’s check some of its features
Unique Features of the Sole F85
The Sole F85 has many outstanding and unique features. We looked through some of those features and highlighted them below
The power of a treadmill motor precisely determines how versatile it can be. The Sole F80 has a heavy-duty industrial strength 4.0CHP motor.
Additionally, it has a zinc-coated steel flywheel. Both the motor’s strength and its zinc-coating on flywheel make it deliver very smoothly. Furthermore, it comes with a two-ply woven belt, with four anti-resistant layers. To conclude, the Sole F58 motor is one of the most powerful and durable home-use treadmills available.
Heart Rate Monitoring
There is a common complain that treadmills give inaccurate pulse rate. However, the Sole F85 takes care of this challenge. It measures heart rate by two methods. First, via its EKG handlebar grips. Although this method is not as accurate as that of the chest strap. Second, it comes with a free, high precision, polar rate monitoring chest strap. This chest strap boasts of a 99.9% accuracy. Lastly, you can use the touch pulse sensors to get accurate heart rate levels by age, gender, and weight.
CushionFlex Whisper Deck
Irrespective of the frequency of use, running on hard surfaces will cause joint concerns. Like other Sole treadmills, the F85 uses its patented CushionFlex Whisper Deck to tackle this problem. Unlike outdoor training surfaces, the Sole F85’s deck can reduce joint impact by 40%. Precisely, the deck absorbs the pounding from jogging or running. Lastly, the reduction rate of Sole F85 is far higher than what its competition provides.
The Sole Fitness crafted the F85 with high-quality parts. These high-quality parts are also durable and highly functional. Designers made the Sole F85 with the sophistication of elite commercial treadmills. However, it will meet your fitness and training needs.
The Sole F85 comes with a 10.1-inch backlight LCD screen. The display console has a smart layout. The main body of the screen is dark blue-black. Also, the screen has white lettering contrasting sharply with the backdrop. It displays speed, heart rate, pace, calorie burn, incline, and more. Furthermore, its console has a ¼ mile track feature and a peak/valley graph. Lastly, it has Bluetooth audio speakers and a port for iPod or MP3 players.
75-inch Crowned Rollers
A large roller surface affords lesser revolution, then reduces wear and tear resistance on the belt. It will also reduce the noise when the treadmill is in use. Furthermore, the motor, bearings, and rollers will last longer with minor revolution.
The Sole F85 rollers are not just large; they are also “Crowned.” Crowned rollers mean that the large roller is even more prominent at the center. As such, the belt can track efficiently, reduce adjustment needed, and improve durability.
Wide Tread belt
The Sole F85 treadmill has a belt measuring 22 x 60-inches. This length is suitable for individuals with long strides. It is also perfect for running and jogging. Furthermore, its wide 60-inch surface is very convenient for broader persons.
A vast tread belt like this one is found only on commercial-grade treadmills. However, the Sole F85 comes with it.
Incline and Speed Control on Handlebars
Another outstanding feature of the Sole F85 is its incline and speed control location. The speed and incline controls are on the handlebar instead of the console. This location is excellent because changing incline or speed on the console while the belt is at high speed may be dangerous.
This treadmill has a foldable deck; for efficient space management and easy transportation. However, unlike most of its competition, the Sole F85 is easy to fold. We will show you how to fold the Sole F85 as you read on.
Sole F85 has a warranty for its device structure, electronics, and motor. However, the warranty span is different. They are:
-Electronics: 5 years
The Sole Fitness provides one of the best warranties in the industry. That is because they fully trust and stand behind the construct and durability of their products. Also, the Sole F85 treadmill has additional warranty support, namely, a lifetime warranty on its deck, 5-years on parts and 2-years on in-home labor.
Please Note: Always maintain an ideal environment for your machine. Make sure you unplug the treadmill from its socket when idle. Furthermore, you can frequently lubricate the treadmill to increase durability. We will explain how to lubricate your Sole F85 later in this article.
Workout Programs Available on the F85
Like every Sole treadmill in the market, the Sole F85 has ten workout programs. The initial five of the ten are classic workout programs. Specifically, the classic programs are pre-installed programs with automatically regulated treadmill speed and tempo. These automatically regulated programs are aimed to tone your muscles, burn calories, or improve cardio endurance. The classic programs are Hill, Fat Burning, Cardio, strength, and interval.
Secondly, the user’s heart rate regulates two of the remaining five programs. These heart rate- regulated programs are Heart Rate 1 and Heart Rate 2. Precisely, Heart Rate 1 works on 60% of the user’s maximum heart rate while Heart Rate 2, 80%.
Thirdly, there are two user-defined programs. Lastly, it has one manual-control program.
Possible Issues Associated
There are a few common issues with the Sole F85 treadmill namely –
Display does not light
There are a few things that might affect your display light. First, the tether cord may not be in position. Secondly, maybe the circuit breaker on its front is tripped. Thirdly, your plug might be disconnected, or your household circuit breaker tripped. Lastly, the treadmill might be defective. 
Solutions for each are; first, position tether cord properly. Second, push in the circuit breaker until it locks. Third, make sure the plug is pushed in and connect your home circuit breaker. Last, contact your Sole dealer. 
The low-speed error code is a common issue with most treadmills. Although the designers of the F85 did a great job, they could not prevent this issue. However, this problem is an easy fix. Your Sole F85 manual has prescribed steps to fix the low-speed error issue. You do not have to sweat over this issue. 
- Motor 4.0 CHP
- Running surface 60” inch X 22” inch
- Top Speed 12MPH
- Slope/ Incline 0 – 15%
- Foldability Yes
- Weight Capacity 400 lbs.
- Workout programs 10
- Dimensions 80″ Length x 35″ Width x 58″ Height
- Sole F85’s weight 265 lbs.
What Other Customers Had To Say
We looked at some online comments made by Sole F85 owners. On the Amazon website, the Sole F85 has an average of 3.8 stars from 99 reviews on Amazon.
An average of 3.8 stars is not bad at all. Precisely, most of the low-star ratings came because of poor customer service. Also, very few complained about product functionality or performance.
There are few questions which people asks us before and after buying this treadmill. So we are listing all of them here for everyone. So even people who haven’t bought this treadmill yet, can have a good knowledge of the issues they may come across later on.
How to Fold Sole F85
Note: Do not try to move the Sole F85 unit, except it is in its folded and locked position. Also, to avoid damage, secure the power cable. Use both handrails to shift the unit to your desired location.
To fold the Sole F85, make sure the treadmill is at a low incline. Next, lift the treadmill running deck until the locking telescoping tube at its base secures it.
How to Disassemble a Sole F85
There are eight overall steps to dismantling your Sole F85. Namely;
- Uninstall the beverage holder from the handrail support
- Remove the handrail support between the Upright Tubes
- Uninstall the Left and Right Handgrip Side Caps from the Upper Tubes and Console Support
- Remove the console assembly from the Upright Tubes
- Disconnect both Computer Cables on top
- Disconnect the Incline Adjustment Switch Cable from the Upper Incline Cable
- Disconnect the Speed Adjustment Switch Cables from the Upper-Speed Cable
- Uninstall the Frame Base Caps on the Frame Base
- Uninstall the Upright Tubes from the Frame Base
- Uninstall the Frame Base Caps from the Upright Tubes and disconnect the Lower Computer Cable from the Middle computer Cable on the base
- Uninstall the six Speed Nut Clips from the Frame Base Left and Right side
- Keep all dissembled parts in a safe place
How to Lubricate Sole F85 treadmill
The console has a built-in lubrication indicator that comes on after every 180 hours of use. Below is how to lubricate the Sole F85 treadmill.
- You should loosen the walking belt using the 6 mm Allen wrench supplied, also loosen the two rear roller adjustment bolts in the rear end caps.
- After loosening the belt, wipe the deck with a clean cloth to remove dirt.
- Apply lubricant onto the deck surface about 18 inches from the motor cover.
- Squeeze out the lubricant across the deck (parallel to the motor cover) in about a one-foot line, like toothpaste on a toothbrush.
Please note: The one-foot line should be in the middle of the deck. Also, apply lubricant on the spot your feet would hit the belt when you are walking.
- After lubrication, tighten the rear roller bolts the same number of turns as when you loosened them.
- Run the treadmill at 3MPH without walking on it for a few minutes. Doing this is to ensure that the belt stays in the middle of the deck.
- If the belt tracks to one side, follow the belt-tracking instructions on manual.
What is better? Sole F80 vs. Sole F85
There are just three differences between the Sole F80 and Sole F85. For a start, Sole F80 has a 3.5CHP motor while Sole F85 has a 4.0CHP motor. Also, the LCD sizes are different; the Sole F80 screen is smaller than the F85. Lastly, the F80 supports a maximum of 375lbs weight while the Sole F85, 400lbs.
However, the Sole F80 is cheaper than the Sole F85. Check Detailed Comparison Here.
Why am I getting slow a speed warning on my Sole F85 treadmill?
Slow-speed warning happens when you connect your Sole F85 to a low voltage source. Always ensure you connect to the specified voltage level source.
Where to buy Sole F85 treadmill ?
You can buy the Sole F85 treadmill on amazon for $1999.99
How much does the Sole F85 weigh?
The Sole F85 weighs 265 pounds.
Sole F85 dimensions when folded ?
The full dimension of the Sole F85 when folded is 43.9” x 36.8” x 74.2” inches (L x W x H)
How to calibrate Sole F85 treadmill ?
- Remove treadmill’s safety key
- Long-press the Start and Fast buttons with one hand and replace the safety key with the other. Hold the Start and Fast key until the window displays “Factory settings,” then press the Enter key.
- You will now be able to set the display to show either Metric or English settings.
- Next, make sure the wheel size diameter is 810-inches, then press Enter
- Adjust the minimum speed to 0.5MPH, press Enter
- Extend the maximum speed to 12.0MPH, then press Enter
- Adjust the maximum elevation to 15 and press Enter
- Lastly, press Start to save calibration settings.
Sole F85 Review
The Sole F85 is one of the bestselling treadmills of all Sole Fitness treadmills. The reason for this is that it has excellent performance and durability. It also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. All in all, this treadmill is functional, durable, and excellent in performance. Thus, it gets our full recommendation.
- Easily foldable with a Hydraulic Assist
- Commercial-grade 4.0 CHP motor
- Roomy 22″ x 60″ running surface
- Excellent 30 levels Power Incline
- Comes with free wireless pulse transmitter
- Syncs with mobile apps to share data
- Bluetooth Audio Speakers
- USB Charging Port and built-in table holder
- Patented CushionFlex Whisper Deck
- Lifetime warranty on motor, frame, and deck
- Accurate Heart Rate Monitor
- In-home labor and great customer service from Sole
- Short Siderails
- Limited workout programs
- Still large after folding