We can easily see that the Sole F80 is a foldable treadmill designed with sophistry and excellent features. This treadmill has a high-quality and durable construct. It provides optimum convenience and efficiency during workouts. Sole F80 has earned many “best buy” owing to its excellent value for an affordable cost. Hence, making it one of the most popular treadmills in the market.
Alongside the Sole F85, the Sole F80 is the Sole’s bestselling product. For its price, it provides you with features only high-end treadmills can offer. But does the sole F80 treadmill tick all the desired features we desire in a treadmill of its price? Let us delve into the features and find out.
Unique Features of Sole F80
High Power Motor
The Sole F80 treadmill comes with a high-quality and highly durable 3.5CHP DC type motor. For the treadmill price, its motor is more powerful than its competition. As we all know, a high-power motor leads to higher noise levels. However, the Sole F80 treadmill is equipped with a quick response time to reduce motor noise. Furthermore, this motor capacity makes the treadmill suitable for more substantial and longer runs. It is also adequate for interval training and hill training.
This motor has its speed range between 0.5 to 12MPH. Additionally, the “rack and pinion” gear design can be inclined to 15degrees. As a final point, the Sole F80 motor has a lifetime warranty.
LCD screen and Entertainment Options
The Sole F80 comes with a 9-inch backlight LCD screen. Furthermore, the treadmill is Bluetooth compatible. As such, you can play music from your phone, tablet, or PC while working out. This treadmill also has a high-quality built-in speaker and a USB port. It can sync with the fitness apps on your smartphone or tablet. Lastly, you can also play a movie or watch a TV show on its 9-inch screen. All these ensure you are well entertained while working out.
Cushion Flex Whisper Deck
Running on a sturdy surface for long is detrimental to your joints. It could lead to joint aches and, in more severe cases, dislocations. However, this treadmill has a Cushion Deck Whisper Technology to combat this possible issue. Precisely, by absorbing pounds, the deck reduces the impact on the joints and back by 40%. Therefore, the Sole F80 is suitable for heavy persons, swift striding, or long jogging.
Sole Fitness is renowned for its high-quality components. Although relatively cheap, the sole F80 did not compromise the quality of Sole Fitness. Sole F80 comes explicitly with commercial-grade parts that will ensure the machine lasts longer. The F80 motor down to its deck and belt are produced with premium materials. Furthermore, the shock absorption is also excellent; therefore, deck and motor will last longer than other competition. As long as its parts are well taken care of, the Sole F80 is a very durable treadmill.
If you have a small gym, the F80 will adapt to it. Precisely, you can fold this treadmill after use. This feature is to save gym space and for easy transportation. The problem with foldable treadmill lies in its ease of folding. However, the F50 is easy to fold up. We would later explain how to do it.
Smooth and Large Track
Sole F80 has a running surface measuring 22 x 60inches. Consequently, it has one of the longest and widest decks in the market. This large deck affords you a convenient and comfortable workout. Also, the large deck makes it suitable for broader persons. The deck comes with a double-ply belt for improved durability and offers a 2.75-inch roller, thus, reducing noise, wear, and tear possibility. Lastly, the deck is reversible. That is to say, you can flip the deck over if the other side wears out.
Heart Rate Monitor
There are two ways the Sole F80 provides you with heart rate monitoring. First, an integrated pulse monitor on the handrail. Second, via a wireless chest strap. Although the wireless chest strap does not come with the machine, you can easily buy it on amazon or from Sole itself.
Speed and incline control
The speed and incline control of the Sole F80 is located on its armrest. The reason being that it is easier to adjust speed levels on the armrest than from the console. Also, trying to reach the console while at high speed can make you lose balance.
Workout on treadmills might be dangerous. Imagine losing your balance when the belt is at high speed? For that reason, the F80 comes with a safety cord that is attached to your body. If this cord stretches too far, the treadmill belt will automatically halt. This feature is excellent for those who consider safety a top priority.
Sole F80 has a warranty for the device frame, motor, and electronics. These warranties do not span for the same period. Precisely,
-Electronics: 5 years
As earlier stated, the Sole F80 has a high-quality and durable construct. Every part of the sole F80 from motor down to its deck and other parts were improved to increase durability. Furthermore, the Sole F80 supports its machine parts with a five-year warranty. Also, the Sole F80 structure has a lifetime warranty.
However, a good warranty should not make you carefree in the maintenance of the product. As much as your treadmill keeps you fit, ensure you take proper care of the treadmill. That is, clean it regularly and unplug it from its socket when idle. Also, you can store the treadmill properly whenever you do not use it for a while.
Workout Programs Available on F80
Like every high-end treadmill in the market, the Sole F80 comes with ten workout programs. Six of the ten are classic workout programs. What we mean by this is that they are pre-installed programs that automatically regulate the treadmill speed and tempo. This automatic control is aimed to burn calories, improve cardio endurance, or tone your muscles. The classic pre-programmed programs are; Hill, Manual, Fat Burning, Cardio, strength, and interval.
Furthermore, your heart rate determines two out of ten of these programs. The programs are; Heart Rate 1 and Heart Rate 2. Correctly, Heart Rate 1 works on 60% of the user’s maximum heart rate. While Heart Rate 2, 80%.
Lastly, the final two programs are user-defined.
Possible Issues Associated With Sole F80
The designers of the Sole F80 did a great job. Unfortunately, as with all machines, there are some common issues with the Sole F80 –
The error code is a common problem with treadmills. The Sole F80 also has this problem. However, you can clear the error code by reading and following the steps provided in the manual. This issue is not so severe that you’ll need to call an engineer. 
You will need to make a minor repair if your Sole F80 feels slippery. To fix this problem, you need to align and tighten the running belt. The belts can slip when it is over-tightened or when there is excess friction. You need to ensure that the belt is not loose.
- Motor 5CHP
- Running surface 60” inch X 22” inch
- Top Speed 12MPH
- Slope/ Incline 0 – 15%
- Foldability Yes
- Weight Capacity 375 lbs
- Workout programs 10
- Dimensions 82″ L x 37″ W x 57″ H
- F80’s weight: 253lbs
What Other Customers had to say about F80
We checked comments that the Sole F80 users made online when using it. Overall, the Sole F80 has an average rating of 4 stars from about 11 reviews so far on Amazon.
An average of 4 stars shows that the customers are satisfied with the product. Also, from the reviews, it is clear that customers who purchased the F80 found it functional.
How to assemble Sole F80
There are seven overall assemblies you are to put together.
- Remove the treadmill from its carton and position it aside on a level floor. The rear must be at least 3-inches from any wall. Do not remove the Velcro belt yet. First, remove the plastic wrap and Styrofoam from under the unit.
- Install the six Speed Nut Clips on the Frame Base of both its left and right side. Then, slide the Frame Base Caps over the Upright tubes. Next, connect the lower computer cable to the Middle computer cable on the right side of the unit.
- Attach the upright tubes to the frame base with eight button head socket bolts. You do that with the Combination M5 Allen Wrench & Phillips head screwdriver. Don’t tighten the bolts entirely until you finish assembly 7.
Before doing this step, it is recommended that you find something to rest the console on at the appropriate height or have someone hold the console while you connect the cables.
- Connect the speed adjustment switch cable to the upper-speed cable. Next, connect the incline adjustment switch cable to the upper incline cable. Then, connect the middle computer cable and upper computer cable. Tuck the excess cable to the handrail tubing. The reason is to prevent it from getting pinched.
- Attach the console assembly to the upright tubes. Next, attach with four button head socket bolts and four split washers. Then, tighten completely using the M6 Allen wrench.
- Attach the left and right-side caps to the top of the upright tubes with eight Phillips Head Screws and four Sheet Metal Screws. Then, tighten with the combination of M5 Allen Wrench & Phillips Head screwdriver.
- Attach the support tube between the upright tubes with four button head socket bolts. Then, tighten bolts firmly.
- Place the beverage holder on top of the support tube
- Place the magnet of the safety key in between the Start and Stop buttons (if it isn’t already attached).
- Check to make sure all bolts and screws are completely tight.
- Attach the Console mast covers to the Frame Base with six Tapping Screws. Then, tighten screws using the combination M5 Allen Wrench & Phillips Head Screw Driver.
How to disassemble sole F80 treadmill
- To disassemble the Sole F80 treadmill, follow the assembling process starting from the last process.
What is better, Sole F80 vs. Sole F85?
There are only three differences in features between Sole F80 and Sole F85. First, Sole F85 has a 4CHP motor while Sole F80 has a 3.5CHP motor. Second, the screen sizes are different; the Sole F85 screen is larger than the F80. Third, the F85 supports a maximum of 400lbs weight while the Sole F80 supports 375lbs. However, by price, the Sole F80 is cheaper than the Sole F85. If you want a budget-friendly treadmill, the Sole F80 is for you. Check Detailed Comparison of Sole F80 vs Sole F85.
What is the Continuous motor speed of the Sole F80 treadmill?
The Sole F80 has a continuous motor speed ranging from 0.5 to 15MPH.
What percent of Sole F80 treadmill has a low-speed error?
Only a few out of 876 reviews complained about the low-speed error. As such, the Sole F80 treadmill has minimal low-speed error percentage.
How to fold Sole F80
To fold the Sole F80, make sure the treadmill is at a minimum incline. Then, carefully lift the treadmill running deck until the locking telescoping tube assembly secures it at the base.
Do not attempt to move this unit, except it is in the folded and locked position. Also, to prevent damage, always secure the power cord.
How long does the Sole F80 last?
This treadmill is of a high-quality and durable construct. Therefore, it lasts for a long time.
Is the Sole F80 noisy when running?
No, it is not. Most of the parts of the this treadmills are welded. There are fewer parts that need connecting with bolts. Hence, with fewer bolted sections, the F80 can stay quiet and not vibrate.
How accurate is the Sole F80 heart rate monitor?
The Sole F80 heart rate monitor is very accurate in measurement.
Sole F80 Review
With our detailed review and the positive response from customer reviews, the Sole F80 is an excellent product. It is functional and outstanding in performance. Also, the price is very friendly for your budget. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Overall, this product is a premium pick, and it gets our full recommendation.
- Powerful and tranquil 3.5 CHP motor
- Sizeable 22″ x 60″ running surface
- Incline capacity of 15% for increased strength building
- Armrest speed and incline control
- Excellent Value for Money
- Ample Storage for Personal items such as phone, keys, water bottles, etc
- Syncs with mobile apps to share data
- Smartphone, Tablet, and PC friendly
- CushionFlex Whisper Deck for Low Impact
- Easy to fold frame
- Lifetime warranty on motor, frame, and deck
- Very ergonomic interface
- Built-in tablet holder
- Bluetooth compatibility
- USB charging port and High-quality speakers
- Short side-rail
- Limited workout features
- It is quite heavy to move around