Schwinn company has been a significant stakeholder when it comes to the manufacturing of both indoor and outdoor bikes as it has been into the production of the outdoor bike since 1895 and indoor bikes since 1965.
The fitness division of Schwinn Bicycle Company, which is into the design and manufacture of recumbent bikes and other indoor exercise equipment of advanced nature, was acquired by Direct Focus In., which later became Nautilus Inc.
Schwinn Recumbent Bike Models
The Schwinn Bicycle company has come with great designs for their recumbent bikes as this article would highlight further down the line. The models which the Schwinn Bicycle Company are well known for are the Schwinn 230 and the Schwinn 270 recumbent bike models.
Though they are similar in several ways, the Schwinn 230 and the 270 models are made for different categories of users. We would give you a detailed comparison between the models later on in this article.
Let us take a look at the general features that make both Schwinn recumbent bike models quite popular among users today. These features include:
- They come with the functionality of providing readings for your heart rate, the speed, and distance you have covered, the number of hours you have spent for your workout, amongst other necessary workout data you need.
- They are easily adjustable to various levels of height.
- They are both comfortable to use.
- They both have an aesthetically pleasing design which runs on magnetic resistance levers, making them operate on very silent levels.
- They both have well designed back supporting seating that can comfortably carry a bodyweight of at least 300 pounds.
- They both have a high Inertia drive system that allows for smooth pedaling
- They are both equipped with cooling fans to give the desired cooling effect during your workout and ergonomically designed handgrip bars.
- The wheels on both Schwinn recumbent bike models are located at the front base allowing for smooth movement of the bikes from one place to the other.
- They are also equipped with impressive entertainment systems, water bottle, and phone holder as well as charging docks to charge your phone
- They both come with preset diverse body workout programs that make your workout schedules more enjoyable as well as display readings that give you an idea of how much progress you are making in your workout scheme. There is also the user profiles which makes it easy to store your workout data. It also saves the data of other users of the machine without much stress.
Just as there are similarities between the models, there are several differences between them. The differences are:
Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike Review
The Schwinn 230 model measures at 64″, 27.7″ for t breadth, and 49.9″ for the length. This recumbent bike model, when fully assembled, weighs 81.6 pounds. The crank system is a single-piece which operates with two integrated levers. The pedals are also easily adjusted due to this design.
The Schwinn 230 recumbent bike model comes with resistance levels of 20 gears and already 22 programmed workout options installed in its console.
This bike model comes with two user profiles firmest storage of your workout data and results and that of another person.
The Schwinn 230 has a USB port through which you can quickly charge your iPad or your mobile phone. It also comes with a holder within arm’s length for your water, tablet, book or magazines.
This bike has a plastic. It has a seat that is made from plastic, though this can get uncomfortable when you spend a long time with your workout regime. The seat does have excellent support for your back and is well ventilated.
You can easily take note of the progress you are making during your workouts with the Schwinn 230 model as well with the large, readable console that comes with it. It gives you results of your time, several calories you have burnt as well as the distance you have covered.
The Schwinn 230 can comfortably carry bodyweight of 300 pounds with the sturdy frame design that supports your mid-frame very well.
In terms of the warranty, the Schwinn 230 recumbent bike model has a full 10-years warranty. The mechanical failure parts have a warranty of 2 years; the electrical components have a year warranty and a 90-days labor timeline.
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Review
The Schwinn 270 model is an upgrade on the Schwinn 230 model. It does, however, have the same dimensions as that of the Schwinn 230. It weighs 101 pounds, making it much more substantial than the 230 model.
The Schwinn 270 bike model is designed with a 3-piece crank system and has higher resistance gear levels of 25, which is five more than the Schwinn 230 model.
It is also much more comfortable with the well-padded soft seating that allows you to remain very convenient for a longer time duration on your workout regime.
It comes with four user profiles, making more room for different users to make use of this particular model to store their workout data with so much ease.
The Schwinn 270 recumbent bike model is preset with much more diverse workout programs at 29 in number, which is more than the Schwinn 230 model, making your workout experience an enjoyable ride. You have preset trips that include four mountain rides, four rides just for fun, and four challenge workout rides.
The Schwinn 270 model also comes with the capability to connect with Bluetooth technology.
It has two tests to measure your fitness levels, as well as a recovery App to give you feedback on the progress you are making with your workouts. You can easily play your favorite mp3 songs and view your workout data like your speed, distance covered, heart rate, revolution per minute, time, the amount of calories you have burnt and so on, at the same time with the split-screen feature of the console.
Comparison between the Schwinn 230 & 270 Recumbent Bike
Which One To Pick
The Schwinn 230 and Schwinn 270 recumbent bike models are amongst the highest rated stationary recumbent bikes in the market today. But you can come to a choice between the two models based on a few factors like a budget.
If you have a budget you intend sticking to; the Schwinn 230 recumbent bike model would be your best option. But if you desire the extra features and best value for the money you will spend, the Schwinn 270 recumbent bike model is your best bet.
To be candid, the Schwinn 230 is quite an excellent recumbent bike as it comes with great features, but the Schwinn 270 is so much better.
If you have a medical condition of the heart which requires you to monitor your heart rate with top accuracy closely, the Schwinn 270 is your best option over the Schwinn 230.
And for the members of a large family who enjoy working out with a recumbent bike, and seek workout programs of diverse options, the Schwinn 270 would fulfill their need.
In terms of being very comfortable during your workout, the Schwinn 270 also comes out tops in this. The seat is way more extensive and well-padded in comparison to the Schwinn 230.
The Schwinn 270 also comes with a Chest strap which makes for easier monitoring of your heart rate, which is not available on the Schwinn 230 model.